Let's Get Ready and shake those Feathers after Lock Down
START UP TEST RUN JUST FOR FUN.
Purpose: To do a pre riding inspection after the long lockdown.
Let us help you to wake up your Harley out of her lockdown beauty sleep ..... before Sunday.
Tip no 1
Check the battery and electrical system.
Battery is useally located under the seat or in the r/h side cover below the seat.
1)Check if the terminals are fastened and rust free. Check the voltage if you have a multi meter. Must be above 12V. Start and voltage shouldn't drop below 9 to 10 volts.
2)Check for any rodents signs like droppings or any open wires. (Remove the seat inspect )
3)Check all the lights are working, headlight dim and bright, tail and stop light, turning signals and the instrument panel (speedo).
Tyres and drive belt.
1) Make tipex marks on the drive belt , front and rear tyres.
2) Check the exposed treads of the front and rear tyres for uneven wear or foreign objects (nails or stones)
3) Check the drive belt for tension. (+/- 10 to 15mm) Bottom part of the belt in the middle of the span between the rear wheel and front drive.
4) Check the exposed drive belt section for wear and condition. Check the teeth (inside) of the drive belt. Check the outside of the drive belt on the rear sprocket for cracks ect.
5) Move the motorcycle to expose a new areas of the tyres and drive belt to inspect. Repeat until you get to your tipex mark.
6) MOST IMPORTANT CHECK TYRE PRESSURE.